Skip to main content

Slow cooked sweet and spicy beef ribs



I was feeling a little experimental tonight after I saw my friend's photos on food which included this recipe. She had pork instead of beef though. My husband likes beef, so I got beef instead of pork and just kept my fingers crossed while I placed everything in the crockpot. Whoever invented the crockpot is a GENIUS!!! The meat was so tender that it was falling off the bone and the flavor was also absorbed by the meat. My friend's recipe went something like this:




Ingredients:

1 Pack Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Sweet & Spicy Beef or Pork Ribs
Pineapple chunks (Optional)
Garlic and onion
Bell Pepper

Procedure:

1. Boil the ribs with water and add a little salt until it's tender.

2. Pan fry the ribs when it becomes tender until it turns golden yellow.

3. Sautee the garlic, onion and bell pepper in a separate pan. Add the ribs and add water (estimate how much water you will need for the ribs) 

4.Add the 1 Pack Lee Kum Kee sauce and let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until cooked.

5. Just add a little salt to taste and add the Pineapple chunks 

6. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes and serve!

I had the same ingredients except for the pineapple chunks. I am a little weird 'coz I love pineapples, but I don't like it mixed with my food even with my pizza. It spoils my appetite, so I stay away from recipes with pineapples. So if you are planning to make me cook/eat something with pineapples, consider yourself banned from my life forever - or maybe just for a day.


Here's what I've done for the slow cooked beef ribs:

1. rub salt on the ribs and place it in the crock pot. 
2. add all the rest of the ingredients. I used 2 packets of Lee Kum Kee sauce, since the ribs that I had were gigantaur and there was no way on earth I would be able to cut it in smaller sections. Hah! I used my common sense on this part.
3. Estimate the water. I think I used 4 cups - just enough to cover the ribs. I didn't want dehydrated ribs after 8 hours. I might as well fry it if I slow cook it and ends up dry.
4. Add a tablespoon of Sriracha sauce. If you don't like spicy food, skip this. Don't say I didn't warn you.
5. A tablespoon of sweet chili sauce. 
6. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. I cheated on this 'coz I know my husband will die of hunger if I set it on low when I started cooking at 2pm. It was on low until 6pm then high from 6 'til 9pm. Do the math. I hate math.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we had dinner at 9pm 'coz I cooked late! So if you are on the after 6 diet, you can also skip our house. We only eat dinner at 7pm if we haven't had food from the night before. :) 

So there you go. My own "lazy" version of the sweet and spicy ribs. Once again, whoever invented the crock pot is a GENIUS!!!!


I apologize if this recipe is a little crazy. It's my day off, so I am obviously - IN.A.GOOD.MOOD. :)

Comments

J said…
Thanks for the recipe, Dee!!!
Deelixuz said…
You're welcome Ate !:)

Popular posts from this blog

Medical Examination at SLMCEC

November 9-10, 2009 This will be a blow by blow account of my medical exam that took place last week. If you want to be first in line, you can be there as early as 3am, but I went there at 5am because I wanted to make sure that I am safe while taking the exam and I don't want to wait in line for 2-3 hours. It was a good move, since they were already accepting applicants at 5am and I got in around 5:20am and I was the 54th applicant of the day. Make sure to have the following ready: 1. Passport 2. 4 2x2 visa pictures (they will only take 3 though, but I brought 4 since that's their requirement) 3. Original and photocopy of approval letter from the embassy 4. Print out of your interview schedule 5. Black ballpoint pen 6. Payment (213.35 - exchange rate is at 48) Flow chart: 1. At 5:30 I already got in and filled out the Patient Data Sheet form. Memorize your fiance's address and phone number or at least have a copy of it. 2. The guard called us up for the digital picture taki

I'm not so evil after all

" I never got the chance to be your trainee, but I heard a lot of good things about you Ms. Dee." Reading this post from someone I barely even know made my heart flutter. I know that I have been totally brutal with my trainees when I was still working as a trainer back home 'coz I want them to be excellent in their field. I know I was hated by many 'coz I don't know how to kiss people's asses. I even almost got in trouble with our big boss when I was only passing a few people during interviews. A lot of people were mad at me 'coz of my unbelievable standards. A lot of times it did affect me and all I wanted was to please everyone, but I was also pushed by my one of my supervisors not to lower my standards. I got reprimanded for passing a few people during interviews by our big boss, and I got reprimanded by my direct supervisor for passing a lot of trainees during my class. I was totally confused when I was starting up in my new field. But time, experience

The Perpetually Tanned Filipina's Thursday bus adventure

WARNING: LONG POST AHEAD. Read at your own risk. If there is one thing I have learned today, it's that attracting positive thoughts brings you positive results. I took the bus for the 3rd time today, 'coz my hubs had to work and I didn't want him to take a day off just to drive me to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles). I had to go there to get my non-driver ID for the nth time 'coz I received a letter in the mail saying that I had a discrepancy on my birthdate. To me it was impossible 'coz all of my documents indicate the same birthdate. Since it was indicated in the letter that I had to go to their office and present documents, I took all the courage to take the bus - with a new route today. I went to the Social Security office two times, so I was familiar with that route. I woke up at 9am to get ready 'coz I knew that the bus will be passing by our street at 10-ish. I had to put sunblock on my face, but totally forgot to apply sunblock on my legs and