Skip to main content

Acne sucks, that's why I'm on the regimen

I suffer from acne since I was 12 years old. My classmates back in gradeschool would call me crater 'coz I had pimples all over my forehead and cheeks. I was forced to use astringents at the early age of 13 even if I know I'm not supposed to use it 'coz I was just so insecure with my skin. Both of my parents suffer from acne when they were young, that's why I have the bumps too. I tried everything and anything just to have clear skin. It cleared up in 2005 when I used Kojic Acid soap, but my skin was getting used to it that I started breaking out again. It cleared up a little again when we went to Vegas in 2010 'coz the air there is dry and it was cold in October, so my skin's pores took a vacation too from getting inflamed. Then as soon as we got back to the humid weather, I started breaking out again. I have been trying anything and everything - from Stridex pads, to salicylic acid, etc. I tried Acne Free Severe too, but it was just too strong that I started getting skin discolorations from my acne scars because of the Benzoyl Peroxide - worse than how it should look. I had to stop using it 'coz that was in the summer and the more I was using the product, the more I was seeing dark spots on my face.

So I just settled with the pads and wash my face with a glycerine soap and just accepted the fact that acne will haunt me until who knows when. But one day as I was checking out make up tutorials on youtube, I came across a make up guru's video on an acne medication that works! I was hesitant at first when I got to see the price and when I saw that this product is using Benzoyl Peroxide. I didn't want to add more discoloration to my face! I researched some more and watched this video by
GuamGrlEntertainment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr59Ggf4rHM and I was sold into getting the product! Her skin looked amazing after using the product and I wanted my skin to look like that too!

The product is from acne.org and it's called the regimen.

It's a 3-step process (cleanser, treatment, and moisturizer) that you have to follow religiously if you suffer from acne, for it to work. It's a little tough to follow the regimen at first 'coz you really have to make time for it and follow how Dan (the founder) used the products in his videos. Reviews on this product is really good. The only downside is that your skin will become dry from the Benzoyl Peroxide. But hey, no pain, no gain! I went through the uberly dry phase - I'm still going through it now, but I know I have to be patient because I know that no product can work overnight. I'm on my 2nd week in using the product and so far, I have seen a little improvement with my skin.

This will be the first time that I will be showing the real deal with my skin. I'm glad that most of my acne scars just leave discolorations and not huge dents on my face, so in that way I can still cover it up with powder or foundation. But no matter how good your foundation is, if you have that zit coming out of your skin, it will still show - and that is what I want to get rid of.

This is how the left side of my face looks like from the 26th of June 'til the 12th of July. I started using the product on the 26th of June and I took a photo of my face, but I didn't have good lighting. It is very obvious though that zits are just saying hello to you on this side of my face.

click to enlarge (don't fall off your chair)
This is how the right side of my face looks like:
click to enlarge (don't fall off your chair)
My skin hasn't completely cleared up, but I'm glad that it is going from bad to a little better instead of going to worse. I know that I still have a long way to go and I have to remain patient and be consistent in using the regimen. If you suffer from adult acne like me, give this product a try! Their customer service is awesome too! My 1st bottle of cleanser was down to 1/4 when I got it 'coz it was damaged during transit. I thought I will have a hard time getting a replacement after I sent them an email with the pictures of the damaged product. In less than 24 hours, one of their customer service staff replied to me and informed me that they are sending a replacement of my product right away. In less than 5 days, I got my product replacement and they made sure it was in good condition! It's rare to find a company nowadays who will take the time to take care of their customers. I knew I got my money's worth when I purchased the regimen from Acne.org. My journey towards getting clear skin is just beginning. :)

* This product has been purchased by the rambler's own money.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medical Examination at SLMCEC

November 9-10, 2009 This will be a blow by blow account of my medical exam that took place last week. If you want to be first in line, you can be there as early as 3am, but I went there at 5am because I wanted to make sure that I am safe while taking the exam and I don't want to wait in line for 2-3 hours. It was a good move, since they were already accepting applicants at 5am and I got in around 5:20am and I was the 54th applicant of the day. Make sure to have the following ready: 1. Passport 2. 4 2x2 visa pictures (they will only take 3 though, but I brought 4 since that's their requirement) 3. Original and photocopy of approval letter from the embassy 4. Print out of your interview schedule 5. Black ballpoint pen 6. Payment (213.35 - exchange rate is at 48) Flow chart: 1. At 5:30 I already got in and filled out the Patient Data Sheet form. Memorize your fiance's address and phone number or at least have a copy of it. 2. The guard called us up for the digital picture taki

I'm not so evil after all

" I never got the chance to be your trainee, but I heard a lot of good things about you Ms. Dee." Reading this post from someone I barely even know made my heart flutter. I know that I have been totally brutal with my trainees when I was still working as a trainer back home 'coz I want them to be excellent in their field. I know I was hated by many 'coz I don't know how to kiss people's asses. I even almost got in trouble with our big boss when I was only passing a few people during interviews. A lot of people were mad at me 'coz of my unbelievable standards. A lot of times it did affect me and all I wanted was to please everyone, but I was also pushed by my one of my supervisors not to lower my standards. I got reprimanded for passing a few people during interviews by our big boss, and I got reprimanded by my direct supervisor for passing a lot of trainees during my class. I was totally confused when I was starting up in my new field. But time, experience

Mr. Crabs

I am selectively listening to Blood Hound Gang's Uhn tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss almost the whole day. I say selectively, 'coz the lyrics is not really something you would be proud to share to everyone. But the beat is catchy and it triggers my happy brain neurons and makes me want to talk about....king crab legs. Yes, the king crab legs I had last Friday. I love crabs especially if it's cooked in coconut milk. My mom used to cook one whole pot for me everytime I visit Bukidnon. It's such a treat 'coz the Davao-Bukidnon trip takes around 4 hours, so going home to hot rice and a pot of crabs cooked in coconut milk is like being in heaven. It makes me forget how sucky my trip was and just makes me thank my mom for cooking my favorite food. But gone were those days when I just tell my mom I want crabs, 'coz here the crabs are very expensive! They don't have the wet market we have in Valencia that sells crabs for 240php per kilo. The cheapest is 8.99 USD per lb here.