Skip to main content

Great Clean Fun!


When you go to Vegas, don't just bring your stilettos or sexy mini dresses. Try an adventure worth remembering and bring an extra pair of pants, shirt, and sneakers. Get ready to experience the right and legal kind of high! 

October 26, 2010 was the day we had to wake up early - 7am to be exact, so we won't miss our ride to the Valley of Fire. We were ready to experience riding the quadbikes in the desert through Adrenaline ATV Tours. We were picked up from our hotel by Eric and he had a great sense of humor even if it was still 8am. I checked on their facebook page after our adventure and read a lot of comments requesting for Eric during their upcoming trip - I wouldn't wonder why. lol! 

We went to the Valley of Fire- Logandale Trails. "The Logandale Trail System is located on the North Side of the Valley of Fire, just one hour North of Las Vegas, Nevada. This trail system was dedicated in 1998 and is truly a trail system designated for all motorized and non motorized Off Road Enthusiasts. It has miles of marked trails, towering sandstone cliffs, incredible scenic views, master planned Cactus Garden (courtesy of the Master Gardners at UNLV), restroooms and picnic facilities."  
Tim's shot of me while going down the hill

It was a 45 to an hour drive from the strip, so better do this adventure towards the end of your vacation and make sure that you have enough time to do this the whole day. Doing this adventure at the beginning of your trip will leave you sore throughout the rest of the day or a couple of days 'coz the terrain isn't flat - NOT at all. 
Tim and I with one of our fellow adventurers from Canada

I guess someone else is having a great time too!

When we reached the location around 10-ish, we were welcomed by Chase and Ernie and we were given instructions on how to use the quadbike. It was pretty simple 'coz they put it on automatic, so you don't have to figure out how to change gears. Just press the little knob on the right handle and you're good to go! We had a 3-hour ride on our bikes and we were allowed to ride at our own pace. No one will tell you that you're too slow or you're too fast. Eric was with the fast riders, Chase with the group in the middle (of course that's us) and Ernie is at the end of the group 'coz he has the biggest bike with our food and drinks. Most of the people we were with that day were fast riders 'coz it wasn't their first time to try the quadbikes. I was hesitant to go on full speed 'coz I feel like the bike will tip over when I press that button in full. I feel I'm too light for the bike and when there are bumps, I feel like I will be thrown off my vehicle. So I was just taking it easy and enjoying the ride. It was a great adventure 'coz we had the rough and the flat terrain and we even went down and up a hill with rocks. We went through a lot of humps and bumps and all that jazz and it added more excitement and thrill to the ride. 
Our sweet ride!

We had a couple of stops along the way for us to be able to take pictures and one of the stops is to have lunch. We had a pretty heavy lunch - sandwich, salad, chips, a cookie, and water. I can't even finish my sandwich 'coz it was huge! Ernie had to feed it to the chipmunks who joined us during our stop.
Our lunch and that's Ernie and Eric on the background

The rest of the bikes during one of our stops

The Valley of Fire is named for the fantastic red sandstone formations scattered all over the place. The scenery was really breathtaking and since the weather was cool that day, the desert didn't feel like hell at all. It was so beautiful out there and it makes me crazy thinking that we were riding our bikes in the middle of nowhere. We were even parked in the middle of nowhere! The Valley of Fire is also known for the place where they shot Transformers, Star Trek Generations, Total Recall, and The Professionals. 
Beautiful scenery!
Indian's head

The whole ATV experience was worth every penny we paid and we never felt rushed or anything. We had a great time during our adventure and if I were to go back to Vegas again, I will definitely try to ride the quadbikes again at a faster speed this time! The crew were so accommodating and helpful and they made sure that all of us were safe and that we enjoyed every moment of our ride. The ATV adventure is indeed a must- try while in Vegas! 



Comments

Tim MacIver said…
Great memory! We have to do this again sometime! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Medical Examination at SLMCEC

November 9-10, 2009 This will be a blow by blow account of my medical exam that took place last week. If you want to be first in line, you can be there as early as 3am, but I went there at 5am because I wanted to make sure that I am safe while taking the exam and I don't want to wait in line for 2-3 hours. It was a good move, since they were already accepting applicants at 5am and I got in around 5:20am and I was the 54th applicant of the day. Make sure to have the following ready: 1. Passport 2. 4 2x2 visa pictures (they will only take 3 though, but I brought 4 since that's their requirement) 3. Original and photocopy of approval letter from the embassy 4. Print out of your interview schedule 5. Black ballpoint pen 6. Payment (213.35 - exchange rate is at 48) Flow chart: 1. At 5:30 I already got in and filled out the Patient Data Sheet form. Memorize your fiance's address and phone number or at least have a copy of it. 2. The guard called us up for the digital picture taki

I'm not so evil after all

" I never got the chance to be your trainee, but I heard a lot of good things about you Ms. Dee." Reading this post from someone I barely even know made my heart flutter. I know that I have been totally brutal with my trainees when I was still working as a trainer back home 'coz I want them to be excellent in their field. I know I was hated by many 'coz I don't know how to kiss people's asses. I even almost got in trouble with our big boss when I was only passing a few people during interviews. A lot of people were mad at me 'coz of my unbelievable standards. A lot of times it did affect me and all I wanted was to please everyone, but I was also pushed by my one of my supervisors not to lower my standards. I got reprimanded for passing a few people during interviews by our big boss, and I got reprimanded by my direct supervisor for passing a lot of trainees during my class. I was totally confused when I was starting up in my new field. But time, experience

Mr. Crabs

I am selectively listening to Blood Hound Gang's Uhn tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss almost the whole day. I say selectively, 'coz the lyrics is not really something you would be proud to share to everyone. But the beat is catchy and it triggers my happy brain neurons and makes me want to talk about....king crab legs. Yes, the king crab legs I had last Friday. I love crabs especially if it's cooked in coconut milk. My mom used to cook one whole pot for me everytime I visit Bukidnon. It's such a treat 'coz the Davao-Bukidnon trip takes around 4 hours, so going home to hot rice and a pot of crabs cooked in coconut milk is like being in heaven. It makes me forget how sucky my trip was and just makes me thank my mom for cooking my favorite food. But gone were those days when I just tell my mom I want crabs, 'coz here the crabs are very expensive! They don't have the wet market we have in Valencia that sells crabs for 240php per kilo. The cheapest is 8.99 USD per lb here.