Skip to main content

I just wanted to waste 5 minutes of my life

*Closer to the Edge- 30 Seconds to Mars on the background*

I need to listen to music while writing or else I won't be able to finish writing this entry. I have realized that I change the theme of my email, twitter and even browser almost everyday. It usually depends on my mood - just imagine the headache my husband has to deal with every single day. ::evil grin:: I even had to change the whole look of my blog because I was getting bored with my old one. Besides, seeing myself skinny just from a year ago breaks my heart into a million pieces, so I had to take that picture down and just replace it with a thumbnail. Good job, self.

So yeah, I was trying to find a nice background for my browser- which is Google Chrome. I also have firefox 4.0, but I just feel like it's as stiff as a stick when moving the tabs and slows down my system sometimes (not sure about this though. *grins*). I just love Chrome 'coz you can detach and attach the tabs from the main browser without the whole thing slowing down. It's also fast and easy to navigate and you don't have to go through google.com 'coz the address bar also acts as your search bar. Uhhh May Zingg! :) I had the Badgley Mischka theme for a couple of weeks - 'coz I missed my fashionista side, but I got bored with the color yesterday. I was blah browsing, so I decided to change my theme. It took me awhile to pick the theme and my head did hurt from picking one (yeah, like it was a serious thing to do on a Wednesday) and I'm glad I picked a cute background. I picked it 'coz I decided to introduce the color Teal into my life. I have been obsessed with purple for years and I don't want to see myself die like an eggplant 'coz of all the purple stuff I have in my life. So, as I was watching random youtube hauls yesterday, I decided to start liking teal. *weirdo alert* I changed my tweetdeck background, windows, and my browser into teal. It was hard to change from purple to teal, but I had to introduce change into my life or else I'd be just like my flip flops lying lifeless on the floor - purple. Purple is still my favorite color, but I will try to see if I can replace that with teal. ;)

So here's my new Chrome theme (click to enlarge):

It's called Masyanya by Oleg Kuvaev(Masyanya (Russian: Мася́ня) is a popular Russian onlinecartoon made with Macromedia Flash animation, created by Oleg Kuvayev. ). I like weird looking cartoons like these 'coz it reminds me of Rugrats and I like rugrats even if those babies look ugly. The tabs are close to teal and the colors of the tabs really matter to me 'coz if it's boring, I feel like getting depressed while opening pages. I swear there were themes where the colors are so bright that you'd be blind after 8 hours of computer use.

And here's my new tweetdeck background. I feel like I've been hit by a huge towel full of moss. I still think purple is better than teal, but I wanted this for a change so I'm not complaining.

So there. Story of my life. I'm sorry for wasting the last 5 minutes of your life. I'll write a sensible entry next time. :D


Comments

Anne said…
That's a lot of purple and a lot of teal hahaha...

Popular posts from this blog

Medical Examination at SLMCEC

November 9-10, 2009 This will be a blow by blow account of my medical exam that took place last week. If you want to be first in line, you can be there as early as 3am, but I went there at 5am because I wanted to make sure that I am safe while taking the exam and I don't want to wait in line for 2-3 hours. It was a good move, since they were already accepting applicants at 5am and I got in around 5:20am and I was the 54th applicant of the day. Make sure to have the following ready: 1. Passport 2. 4 2x2 visa pictures (they will only take 3 though, but I brought 4 since that's their requirement) 3. Original and photocopy of approval letter from the embassy 4. Print out of your interview schedule 5. Black ballpoint pen 6. Payment (213.35 - exchange rate is at 48) Flow chart: 1. At 5:30 I already got in and filled out the Patient Data Sheet form. Memorize your fiance's address and phone number or at least have a copy of it. 2. The guard called us up for the digital picture taki

I'm not so evil after all

" I never got the chance to be your trainee, but I heard a lot of good things about you Ms. Dee." Reading this post from someone I barely even know made my heart flutter. I know that I have been totally brutal with my trainees when I was still working as a trainer back home 'coz I want them to be excellent in their field. I know I was hated by many 'coz I don't know how to kiss people's asses. I even almost got in trouble with our big boss when I was only passing a few people during interviews. A lot of people were mad at me 'coz of my unbelievable standards. A lot of times it did affect me and all I wanted was to please everyone, but I was also pushed by my one of my supervisors not to lower my standards. I got reprimanded for passing a few people during interviews by our big boss, and I got reprimanded by my direct supervisor for passing a lot of trainees during my class. I was totally confused when I was starting up in my new field. But time, experience

The Perpetually Tanned Filipina's Thursday bus adventure

WARNING: LONG POST AHEAD. Read at your own risk. If there is one thing I have learned today, it's that attracting positive thoughts brings you positive results. I took the bus for the 3rd time today, 'coz my hubs had to work and I didn't want him to take a day off just to drive me to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles). I had to go there to get my non-driver ID for the nth time 'coz I received a letter in the mail saying that I had a discrepancy on my birthdate. To me it was impossible 'coz all of my documents indicate the same birthdate. Since it was indicated in the letter that I had to go to their office and present documents, I took all the courage to take the bus - with a new route today. I went to the Social Security office two times, so I was familiar with that route. I woke up at 9am to get ready 'coz I knew that the bus will be passing by our street at 10-ish. I had to put sunblock on my face, but totally forgot to apply sunblock on my legs and