Skip to main content

Seriously, this heat? It's the epitome of hell

I'm in the mood to write today 'coz I had a great time at the DMV. I had the fast pass from their manager,since I have been to their place two times and getting out of there empty handed. Good thing I got my SS card under my married name this week, so I was all set to get my non-driver ID and join my hubs in getting his driver's license renewed. We never had to wait in line 'coz we were called right away and with all the documents ready, a very nice lady processed everything with no questions asked. Well, she did ask me a question and that is how tall I was. When I told her I'm 4'11", she goes " I thought so." Good thing their stations are not too high, or else I would need a foot stool! It only took us less than 30 mins to get everything done. Groovy!

We went to grab some Jersey Mike's subs first before heading home 'coz we were both hungry. I swear it felt like it's 100 degrees outside! I didn't wear any sunscreen today 'coz I HATE wearing one esp on my face. The label would say sweatproof, non-sticky, etc. but it's all a LIE! It makes my face oiler than the oiliest oil on the planet and when I sweat, I see white streaks on my brown face! I don't know what they exactly mean by sweat proof, non-sticky, oil-free, etc. It's all BS. So no suncreen on my entire body and whadyaknow.. my left arm got all red and hot! I was just sitting on the passenger seat and I was sunburnt! Yes, my left arm is tanner than my right arm- so is my left leg. haha! Our car's a/c isn't working so we were only dependent on the breeze- guess what, NO BREEZE! Zilch, nada! I'm glad I never wore sunscreen on my face or else I would've been totally pissed 'coz I'm pretty sure I would be seeing streaks all over my face and my sunglasses. Gross. I'm glad to be home with a working a/c and just lounging today on my side of the couch.

Florida- where everybody fries! (Bob dance where everybody rides tone)

93F but it feels like it's 100F

Stuffing my face with ice cream to cool down. :)

Comments

J said…
Hahaha... I love the "Florida - where everybody fries" line! All you need is a little girl (aka Bob Dance's granddaughter) and you're all set!
Tim MacIver said…
I love the comedy in this entry! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Medical Examination at SLMCEC

November 9-10, 2009 This will be a blow by blow account of my medical exam that took place last week. If you want to be first in line, you can be there as early as 3am, but I went there at 5am because I wanted to make sure that I am safe while taking the exam and I don't want to wait in line for 2-3 hours. It was a good move, since they were already accepting applicants at 5am and I got in around 5:20am and I was the 54th applicant of the day. Make sure to have the following ready: 1. Passport 2. 4 2x2 visa pictures (they will only take 3 though, but I brought 4 since that's their requirement) 3. Original and photocopy of approval letter from the embassy 4. Print out of your interview schedule 5. Black ballpoint pen 6. Payment (213.35 - exchange rate is at 48) Flow chart: 1. At 5:30 I already got in and filled out the Patient Data Sheet form. Memorize your fiance's address and phone number or at least have a copy of it. 2. The guard called us up for the digital picture taki

I'm not so evil after all

" I never got the chance to be your trainee, but I heard a lot of good things about you Ms. Dee." Reading this post from someone I barely even know made my heart flutter. I know that I have been totally brutal with my trainees when I was still working as a trainer back home 'coz I want them to be excellent in their field. I know I was hated by many 'coz I don't know how to kiss people's asses. I even almost got in trouble with our big boss when I was only passing a few people during interviews. A lot of people were mad at me 'coz of my unbelievable standards. A lot of times it did affect me and all I wanted was to please everyone, but I was also pushed by my one of my supervisors not to lower my standards. I got reprimanded for passing a few people during interviews by our big boss, and I got reprimanded by my direct supervisor for passing a lot of trainees during my class. I was totally confused when I was starting up in my new field. But time, experience

The Perpetually Tanned Filipina's Thursday bus adventure

WARNING: LONG POST AHEAD. Read at your own risk. If there is one thing I have learned today, it's that attracting positive thoughts brings you positive results. I took the bus for the 3rd time today, 'coz my hubs had to work and I didn't want him to take a day off just to drive me to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles). I had to go there to get my non-driver ID for the nth time 'coz I received a letter in the mail saying that I had a discrepancy on my birthdate. To me it was impossible 'coz all of my documents indicate the same birthdate. Since it was indicated in the letter that I had to go to their office and present documents, I took all the courage to take the bus - with a new route today. I went to the Social Security office two times, so I was familiar with that route. I woke up at 9am to get ready 'coz I knew that the bus will be passing by our street at 10-ish. I had to put sunblock on my face, but totally forgot to apply sunblock on my legs and